Most of the elementary schools in Henderson seem to have more random days off than in years past. Sometimes these days can catch parents off guard. What to do when your kids are going to be home all day in the middle of the week?! Well, if you didn’t schedule appointments with your Las Vegas pediatrician or dentist for a check-up, then try one of these fun ideas to keep your kids active and healthy on their days off.
1. Help them make a treasure hunt, indoors our out, depending on the weather. Once they’re done they can invite friends over to find the treasure (the treasure can be almost anything, since the real prize is following the clues!). When the hunt is over, serve a small picnic for the hungry hunters.
2. Hold an art exhibit. Get out the paints and modeling clay and then let your kids spend the morning creating works of art to display.
3. Healthy kids are active kids, so help them plan a kid Olympics! Give them the freedom to choose how to judge and award medals, then sit back and watch them wear themselves out!
4. Have a family history day. Encourage your kids to write in their journals and ask them to share some favorite family stories that you can record in their own words. If you have stories of your ancestors, this is a good time to share them with your kids.
5. Go visit a local Phoenix, Portland, or Henderson museum, historical site, petting zoo, or aquarium. Remember, this is a day to do something with your kids that you’ve always been putting off, so do it!
6. Visit a resident of a local Henderson convalescent home. Some elderly men and women rarely get visitors. Your kids will feel good about brightening someone’s day. They could bring them flowers or an original piece of art. (See activity number 2.) My name is Karin Peterson and I want to help Henderson families to raise healthy, happy kids. Issues such as proper nutrition for children and childhood obesity in Henderson concern me. I am the owner of a Henderson area home business that sells Power Squares.
If you are interested in learning more, visit my web site at http://mxi.myvoffice.com/karinpeterson or call me at 702-806-0150.
Chocoholic Karin Peterson
Las Vegas, Nevada 89123
Join TeamX88 today!
I am Karin Peterson, and I am a Las Vegas-based Xocai artisan chocolate distributor. I joined Xocai in May 2011. I sell the industry-leading Nuggets and Power Squares online and in Las Vegas, Phoenix, Portland, and Henderson. Our valued Henderson customers recommend Power Squares because Power Squares offers real health benefits and/or financial freedom.
TeamX88 is also a fantastic Nuggets home-based business in the Henderson area. Nevada entrepreneurs can supplement their income by cashing in on a high-demand Nevada healthy artisan chocolate market. To learn more about TeamX88, visit http://mxi.myvoffice.com/karinpeterson.
Call me at 702-806-0150 to own your own Nuggets business in Las Vegas, Phoenix, Portland, or Henderson.